- client was launching a new land development site, with a page linking back to his construction company site, but the existing construction website wasn’t mobile-friendly, and needed some improvements.
- find a suitable construction-related theme, copy/update the existing content, and add additional content to give the new site fresh appeal.
- theme: found a construction theme that struck a nice balance between visual appeal and clean layout
- additions: added a gallery page with examples of completed projects – commercial, residential, and special.
- analytics: set up Google analytics tracking and Google search console reporting
- domain: the existing garianconstruction.ca worked well, but in doing research, I discovered that garian.ca was available. There’s real advantages to a shorter domain name if it works well, so we decided to convert to the new one.
- redirects: permanent redirects were set up on the old site, to auto send users to the applicable new page, to avoid having broken links.
- included my 10-part item list
The new site is now mobile ready, more informational and visually appealing, while keeping things uncluttered. The emails on the “about us” page are now all cloaked from spambots.